How Much Does an eCommerce Website Cost in 2018?
Today, anyone can create a website, but how much does it cost to design an active website that will grow your business and make your customers happy?
This guide lists the different types of projects, the associated budgets according to the type of service provider, as well as the additional costs to be expected. The goal is to show how to manage your budget when you want to create an effective and profitable website.
If you are interested in creating your own e-commerce store, check out our post on ‘How to choose the Best E-Commerce platform for startups’ post.
This first part presents the basic costs to be envisaged for the creation of a website and the factors that impact the budget and the quotes offered by the internet providers.
E-commerce, often tailor-made prices
The prices of e-commerce sites are dependent on many factors specific to the project. Which payment system will be integrated? How many products will be sold? The number of pages you want on your website?
The products you want to sell? What characteristics (colour, size, etc.)? Is your content ready or do you need someone to write it? The vast majority of e-commerce sites cost between S$3,500 and S$15,000.
Differences appear between a showcase site and an e-commerce site, here are the corresponding costs for this type of site.
- Domain name – about S$15/ year (US$12), go to NameCheap.
- Hosting – about S$200 to S$450 per year (depending on variables such as the number of products, pages and site traffic that we anticipate, e-commerce technology (Magento = fork and WooCommerce = low range) Get Siteground!
- Design, custom development and database configuration – 45 hours or more depending on the number of pages, products, level of customization desired
- Maintenance of the site: about S$2400 / year (depending on the number of updates and the level of product management required, etc.)
- Marketing and promoting your e-commerce site online – price depends on marketing budget
The key elements that determine the costs of an e-Commerce site
- Is this a new e-commerce site or is it a redesign and reworking project?
- How many pages?
- How many products?
- Will some products have several variations? According to colour, size, etc.?
- If so, will these variations change the price?
- Will you provide all the content or will you need help with content creation?
- Will you have any images of products and illustrations on the site?
- Do you already have a server hosting the domain or does the provider have to support this?
- Have you reserved the domain name or do you need help with the domain registration?
- Do you want to use PayPal only, or do you want to use another secure payment solution?
- Do you already have a list of your products, pricing and descriptive information organized in a spreadsheet?
- Would you like to have an integrated blog within your e-commerce site?
- Do you want a responsive site? (readable on all devices such as Smartphone, tablets, desktops, etc.? (difficult to do without today …)
- Do you need other specific services regarding social networks or advanced SEO?
Price range for a simple e-commerce site
The information above is the price range and element of an e-commerce website. We would love to hear your contribution, what do you think we can help you with or the part of e-commerce pricing you don’t understand. You can reach out to us or share your thoughts with us!
Divi Theme Review - The Best Page Builder To Date 01 JANUARY, 2019ReviewWordPressHello 2019! New year marks a new beginning. New people to meet, new adventures to enjoy and new memories to create. Today I am going to review a WordPress theme of my choice:...
2018 Year End Round Up30 DECEMBER, 2018Web Development WordPress 2019 is around the corner! Time fly fast when you’re busy. Back to back client work and consistent self development towards myself and the business. 2018 has been a fruitful year for me and...
Why I Chose SkillShare 14 OCTOBER, 2018 Web Development WordPress Skillshare offers more than 18,000 video courses covering pretty much any skill. It isn’t important if you work a 9 to 5 job and simply need to learn some new skills that your boss...
Designing a Website That Produces Results 06 OCTOBER, 2018 Web Development WordPress In a technology driven age, it has become essential for local businesses to create a presence online. A website allows you to bolster your current advertising campaigns,...
Why Every Company Need a Digital Marketing Consultant 18 JULY, 2018 Web Development We can no longer do without the internet, we email every day, check our social media and buy more and more products online. It is not surprising that people always adjust...
Web Development Trends of 2018 19 MAY, 2018 Web Development In 2018, some trends are occupying the front of the screen. If you have not yet planned the redesign of your website, it's time to take a closer look at the following perspectives. If you have...
How to Choose the Best E-commerce Platform for Startups? 03 MAY, 2018 Reviews, Web Development E-commerce platform is an essential topic for entrepreneur and businesses want to sell on the Internet. We will be discussing the tips you need to choose the...
SiteGround vs DreamHost 2018 29 APRIL, 2018 Reviews Choosing the right web hosting service is the very first step for those who want to build a new website. If you do not know where to start, finding one for the right price with the right set of features...